We’re revisiting some of our most popular and helpful podcasts from the last year. For this week, we are replaying episode 87.
Over the last couple years, the books “Rocket Fuel” and “Traction” have become popular reads for many online entrepreneurs.
Both Corey and I loved “Traction” and incorporated several of the principles from the books into our own business. One concept that has become extremely popular is the two roles you need in a successful business: the “visionary” and the “integrator.”
Naturally, every business owner tends to see themselves as the visionary. They believe the next step for their business is to hire a high-level integrator to support and manage their daily operations.
The problem is that many of the online business owners I’ve talked to over the course of my 6-year career in the online space don’t fully embrace their role as the visionary CEO they want to be and the responsibility that comes with that.
That’s why in this episode, we discuss:
- Why being the visionary means taking full responsibility for all aspects of your business
- Why many entrepreneurs are looking for a boss instead of becoming the boss themselves
- How coaching can be a crutch holding you back from progressing
- How outsourcing too many tasks too soon can be detrimental to your business’s operations
- How a lack of vision can make your business less profitable and less efficient to operate