We’re revisiting some of our most popular and helpful podcasts from the last year. For this week, we are replaying episode 69.
There is so much about running an online business that you just have to figure out as you go along.
One of those things is learning how to protect your business from a legal standpoint.
That’s why for today’s episode, we’re sharing an interview Corey (my business partner) and I did with legal expert Autumn Witt Boyd. Autumn has extensive experience working directly with online businesses (the likes of Amy Porterfield and Melyssa Griffin), which is a rare niche for a lawyer to dive into.
In this episode, Autumn and I discuss:
- The role a lawyer should play in your online business
- The top legal vulnerabilities you need to be aware of as an online business owner
- Some of the legal pitfalls Autumn has seen entrepreneurs make
- Why it’s so important that your lawyer understands your business model
- The first areas of your business to address from a legal perspective